Wednesday 12 May 2010

The Idea so far, and what I've been up to...

I've been thinking about the idea of the mind being a setting for a story, and considering how different sections might interact with eachother. I'm looking through this article on Phrenology http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki.Phrenology as researh for this.

I am not certain yet quite how I want to display my piece. I have considered the use of characters- as the personification of mental disorders (e.g. 'schizophrenia' or 'depression'), or alternatively as different functions (e.g. 'memory', 'visual awareness'), and how these characters might interact with eachother.

I have also considered these things as landscapes, rather than as characters. I have taken a couple of trips in the past week to try and photograph different landscapes for this purpose- so I have a selection of city and woodland images to work from.

No comments:

Post a Comment