Tuesday 27 April 2010

I'm an Art Student.

I was looking for John Buldazari ( PLEASE correct my spelling if you know the artist i mean- i can't find any info on him!!), as suggested by my photography teacher... remembering the work of Daniel Eatock, but not his name, I thought it was the same person.

I like this http://www.eatock.com/project/i-list/ piece by Eatock.. I think it gives an insight into the author, and their life. Some of the strange items on it, for example 'I have individually dotted every single millimetre square on an A1 sheet of millimetre graph paper using a 0.1 millimetre black Edding pen.' Remind me a lot of the strange things I myself have done as a consequence of being an art student (for example, last Thursday, I filled each square on a 2 sided squared A4 page each with a dot, in order to explore the idea of obssession. I have also done bizarre things like eaten caterpillars, cut up a pigs head, and bought over a kg of breakfast marmalade all in one go.). There comes a time where you realise that no matter how bizaare a thing it is that you're doing, it can be explained with the 4 simple words: 'I'm an art student.'

No comments:

Post a Comment